Stephens Media Group which consists of 94.1 KXOJ, 94.5 KXOJ2, 104.5 The Edge, 97.1 The Sports Animal and 100.9 Totally Awesome 80’s, is actively recruiting interns for the Spring Semester. Candidates must be energetic, outgoing, hard-working, creative people to join our fun, fast paced team as an intern. As an intern for SMG you’ll get hands on experience working with some of the most talented people in broadcasting. The right candidate must be professional and a proven team player with customer focus, must have a professional appearance, must have a good driving record and must take initiative with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
All interns are expected to have a positive attitude, be cheerful, cooperative and productive and perform other duties as may be required for the efficiency of the stations. Flexible hours including days, nights weekends and holidays are required. Other duties as required to create a professional image of our radio stations in front of the public. This position is a part-time unpaid internship ranging from 5-29 hours per week and will run from February 1st 2021 – May 15th 2021. Interns are required to work for the entire internship regardless of minimum required hours. You must be able to receive college credit to apply for this internship.
Some of the opportunities you’ll have as an intern for SMG include:
- Working directly with on-air DJ’s including our morning shows and helping with show prep, production, social media etc.
- Working with our production team and learning how to produce commercials, do voice over work, produce copy, dub commercials, produce imaging etc.
- Work with our Program Directors to learn about scheduling music logs, sit in on record label conference calls, music discovery etc.
- Attend on-air staff/promotions brain storming sessions to learn about media strategy.
- Work with Promotions Department on how to coordinate on-air giveaways, social media posts, station newsletters, coordination of on-site station events, development, creation and execution of station promotion from start to finish, etc.
- Work with programming staff for hands on experience on how to operate a live radio console etc.
If broadcasting and media is something you’ve always dreamed of doing, then don’t miss out on this amazing opportunities to join Tulsa’s leading broadcasting company, Stephens Media Group.
This is an unpaid internship and Interns must be able to get college credit for internship through their school.
Interns will be required to work for the entire Stephens Media Cluster which includes: 104.5 The Edge, 94.1 KXOJ, 100.9 Totally Awesome 80’s and 97.1 The Sports Animal.
If this sounds like something you’d love to do, just fill out the form below!